12 km of sledge fun
The longest sledge track in Switzerland
Between 14:30 - 16:00 there are no buses from Fideris to the Heuberge. Closing time for the buses means a free run on the sledge track!
Night sledging on the longest track in Switzerland. Follow the beam of your headlamp on the glistening snow down into the valley.
Full moon sledging
It becomes especially magical when the full moon illuminates the night. Then the snow in the moonlight glows so much that hardly any lamp is needed!
From the mountain lodges Arflina and Heuberge, the path leads over 1100 metres of altitude difference on a winding route into the valley and promises an unforgettable experience for young and old.
In the following sections you will find all details about sledging in the Heubergen.
Rent a sledge
Sleds can be rented from us at the Berghaus Arflina. We offer modern, comfortable sleds. The sleds can be paid directly at the ski room.
Of course you can also bring your own sledges. These will be transported to the Heuberge by bus and then handed over to you by the chauffeurs.
Please keep an eye on your sleds. In the evening we recommend that you secure your sled with a bicycle lock.
After the tobogganing fun, the sledges are returned to the Kassahaus at the sawmill in Fideris.
The two mountain houses Arflina and Heuberge are the starting points for the sledge run.
After a refreshment in one of the two mountain houses, or directly after the bus ride, the sledges can be rented in the ski room of the Arflina or from the service staff of the Berghaus Heuberge.
The valley station for our buses is located at the sawmill area in Fideris. It is the starting and end point for the sledging experience in the Heuberge.
There is a large parking lot just below the bus station. There our guests can park their cars.
At the ticket office you can pay for the ascents and the day passes for sledging. Our staff will be happy to answer any other questions.
Next to the cash desk is the sledge return.
Sledding without oncoming traffic
From 14.30-16.00 hours is closing time.
Only between 14.30 and 16.00 hrs there are no buses on the sledge run from the sawmill to Heuberge. During this time, tobogganing is possible without buses in oncoming traffic. However, you should always expect buses going downhill. We recommend families with small children to sledge during this closed period. Between the Berghaus Arflina and Heuberge you must always count on buses. Please use the path marked “Schlittelweg” and not the road!
Outside of the closing time, oncoming traffic must always be expected.
Sledging in the moonlight – especially beautiful at full moon.
An experience of a very special kind! At full moon, the light of the moon is usually enough to illuminate the entire sled run together with the surrounding snow. Headlamps are nevertheless recommended for safety reasons.
Sledging at night is especially recommended in combination with a fondue. Table reservations for the à la carte menu are also possible.
Information at a glance
- Night sledging is possible every day with a minimum of 6 people (can also belong to different groups).
- Advance booking is required for the ascent.
- The demand on weekends for tobogganing with fondue fun is very high, so it is advisable to reserve the tables as early as possible.
- Please always inform us of any changes to your plans in good time!
Bus & Table Reservations
Advance booking is required for the ascent.
Minimum 6 persons in total.
16.15 – 22.30
Fondue fun & dinner
Bus trips from Fideris sawmill and tables for dinner in our guesthouses on Fridays and Saturdays can be reserved for the following times
- 16.15 Bus, Table for 17.00-19.00
- 17.15 Bus, Table for 18.00-20.00
- 18.15 Bus, Table for 19.15-21.15
- 19.15 Bus, Table for 20.30- open end
- 20.15 Bus, Table for 21.30- open end
- Ascent: CHF 23.00 per person
- Ascent for children: CHF 15.00 per child
- Sleigh rental: CHF 15.00 per sledge
- Stirnlampe: CHF 18.00 pro Lampe
- Adults: from CHF 48.00 (Mon-Thu) to CHF 55.00 (Fri-Sun) including ascent, Fondue à Discretion & Röteli
- Children: CHF 29.00 (Mon-Thu), CHF 34.00 (Fri-Sun) (without Röteli)
For people who cannot sledge for certain reasons, we will gladly take the bus back to Fideris. If there are non-sledders in your group, please indicate this when making your reservation and inform our service staff. The latest time for the return transport is 22.00h. On well booked days a later return transport is still possible.
Our toboggan run is not illuminated and we therefore recommend that you wear a headlamp. Buses in oncoming traffic must be expected. We do not recommend that you drive in a heavily alcoholized state. If you feel insecure, we will gladly take you down into the valley by bus.
Ascent for adults:
CHF 23.00 per person
CHF 15.00 per child
CHF 15.00 per sledge
Each additional ride:
CHF 7.00 per sledge
Adults: CHF 52.00 per person (including mountain ascents & sledge rentals)
Children: CHF 39.00 per child (including mountain ascents & sledge rentals)
Our employees do their utmost to keep the sledge run in optimal condition at all times. Nevertheless, it is advisable to inform yourself about the condition of the slope before a visit. We recommend that you visit this homepage or snow.myswitzerland.com to find out about the current state of the toboggan run. If the weather changes at short notice, we will also be happy to provide you with information by calling 081 300 30 70.
Dogs are allowed on the toboggan run with us and dogs are also allowed in the mountain houses. As long as the dogs are well-behaved and the legacies are properly removed, dogs are welcome guests. Please make sure that other sledders are not disturbed by the dogs and if necessary take the dog on a leash. Rides for dogs cost CHF 5.00
Sledding is a wonderful leisure activity, but like any other winter sport it involves certain risks.
We therefore ask you to pay attention to the following:
- Before you start, find out about the current state of the slope at the sled output.
- We recommend our guests to wear helmets
- Except during the closing time, you should always expect buses in oncoming traffic. Therefore always drive carefully!
- Sledging with smaller children during the blocked period(See blocking time)
- The blocking period does not give you a green light to go full throttle. Drive carefully and with common sense even during the blocking period. Be considerate of others and drive slowly, especially in confusing areas.
- During sledding outside the closing period, watch out for buses in oncoming traffic.
- Drive at night with headlamps (these can be obtained if necessary in the ski room of the Arflina, or restaurant Heuberge)
- Pay attention to the runway signals
- Please note the Sledging rules of the bfu.
- Note the following numbers for emergencies: 081 300 30 70 (telephone number Heuberge AG), 144 (ambulance), 1414 (Rega)
Sledge run in the Heuberge
sledging fun in a class of its own