History

Heuberge in the course of time

Even high up on the mountain you can’t hide from time, and we don’t want the Heubergen to do so. 

The Heuberge are in a constant state of flux, isolated from the world, but not cut off from it. 

After the modernization steps of the last few years, we now want to set a positive sign and always think and act ecologically.

66798829_2305084876227685_8276577403036237824_o now

Milestones

The Heuberge in fast motion
1932
The Berghaus Heuberge is built as an SAC hut.
1932
December 1935
The mountain house Arflina is opened.
Hans and Ursula Valer-Fümm are the first tenants to take over the house and run it for six years.
December 1935
December 1941
André and Nelly Rominger, until now landlords in Val Maladers, leased the Arflina.
December 1941
1957
Ski lift construction
A new ski lift is built in 1957.
1957
1958
Start of construction of Chalet Rominger (called Chalet Arflina)
1958
1963
With the purchase of the actual ski and mountain house in 1963, the Rominger family expanded the Arflina with an extension to the east. New construction of a 1.8 km long cable car from the height to the Arflina.
1963
19.12.1963
In Val Maladers, father Rominger had an accident and died in the hospital in Chur in February 1964, leaving behind his wife Nelly and their three school-age children Marlis, Anita and André.
19.12.1963
1971
The 1st ski lift is replaced by a more powerful ski lift.
1971
1.1.1978
The wooden mountain house Arflina burns down to the foundation walls because of a short circuit of the generator. The chalet Arflina can be saved.
1.1.1978
1979
In September 1979 the newly built mountain lodge Arflina is opened.
1979
1996
Davos Parsenn buys the Heuberge.
1996
1997
The platter lift is replaced.
1997
1999
New construction of the winter garden (Berghaus Arflina)
1999
June 2011
Walter Vetsch buys the Fideriser Heuberge.
June 2011
Fall 2012
Modernization begins
Construction of the electricity and fibre optic cable from Fideris to the Heuberge: The Fideris Heuberge will be connected to the electricity grid. Decommissioning of diesel generators.
Fall 2012
December 2012
The new reception including office is put into operation. Upgraded cash, transport and reservation system. UV system for water treatment and development of the new springs.
December 2012
2013
Winter 2013: Conversion of the old sawmill in Fideris into a valley station with ticket office and bar
2013
September 2014
The Heubergbusses are beautified: Uniform painting of the bus fleet.
September 2014
November 2014
Conversion and expansion
Creation of the new Brennbar
November 2014
November 2014
Conversion chalet renovation rooms, installation of additional showers.
November 2014
2014
Reconstruction of the Kuhstallbar
2014
January 2015
Visit from Miami Vice.
January 2015
September 2015
Heat recovery installation in Arflina.
September 2015
October 2015
Conversion carpentry workshop into new staff rooms
October 2015
2016
Bus fleet expansion by 4 new Mercedes Sprinter
2016
November 2018
Visit from Supermario.
November 2018
Fall 2018
Renovation rooms & showers Arflina
Fall 2018
January 2019
Ghostbuster visits Heuberge
January 2019
January 2020
The first HEF is the starting point for a new thinking, a new direction, a new vision
January 2020

Tradition meets modernity